Friday 17 December 2010

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media project use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media projects?

I simply developed the forms and conventions of this particular genre of music press magazine. I used magazine conventions such as the masthead, and main images to correspond with what the key conventions of an indie music press magazine would be like, for example, I used a black white and red colour scheme, the same of NME this worked because any key information I wanted to pick out I could use the red to highlight it. ‘Q’ magazine is named after the founders name so I thought why not use the same thing for my music press magazine, therefore I named it ‘S’. For the main image on the front cover I used the band I was featuring. I used a bright light, which gave a contrasting feel that also runs parallel to the colour scheme with the contrasting red, white and black. For the font I chose one with a paint splattered effect, which I thought, worked well.  It gave a rebellious feel as you would normally expect fonts from in a magazine to be pristine and polished so this goes against the normal conventions of pess magazines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment